Last fall we posted some ideas for kids Halloween crafts, and this year we’re on the hunt yet again for more fun and easy crafts to get the kids (and the house) into the Halloween Spirit. Check out this super easy Paper Plate Ghost project from Kaboose.com, it will be decorating our door by the end of the week!
Paper Plate Ghost
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 9″ paper plate
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
- Black and pink markers
- Glue stick
- White crepe paper streamers
- 12″ piece of white yarn
- Ghost Pattern
- From the pattern, cut two large ovals from black paper and two small ovals from white paper.
- Use glue stick to attach the white ovals to the black ovals. Use a black marker to add pupils to the white ovals.
- Using the pattern cut two arms from white paper and the mouth from black paper.
- Glue the facial features to the front of the paper plate. Glue the arms to the back of the paper plate.
- Cut crepe paper into five strips, 24 inches long each. Glue crepe paper to the back of the paper plate so that they hang down from the bottom.
- Add cheeks with pink marker and eyebrows with the black marker.
- Fold yarn in half and tape the open ends to the back of the plate for the hanger.
- This can be simplified by having kids draw the face on with black crayons or markers. Simple filled in circles work great for eyes and mouth.
- Try different facial patterns yourself by drawing mouths with teeth, smiley faces, or whatever you like.
- Instead of crepe paper, try lengths of yarn for the body.