Looking for a fun craft for Father’s Day this year? Try this Trophy for Dad from Kaboose.com, and let Dad know he’s #1! Fill it with his favorite candy and you have a sweet, creative gift straight from the heart.
What you’ll need:
- 2 foam coffee cups or paper cups
- 5 inch square box (or one cut to size)
- Masking tape
- 1 gold chenille stem
- Gold craft paint
- Black construction paper, cut to fit on side of box
- White paint pen
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush.
- Glue the bottoms of the two cups together.
- Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape.
- When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet.
- Cut the chenille stem in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles.
- Cover cups completely with masking tape.
- Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box with gold paint. Let dry.
- Write “Awarded World’s Best Dad” on the black construction paper with white paint pen. Glue to the front of the box.
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the chenille handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely.
Thanks to Shannon for the great tip on this one!